Greater Houston Partnership held the U.S.-Ethiopia Investment Summit,”Engaging the Private Sector: Strategic Partnership for Economic Development” this past week on Wednesday. The Ethiopian delegation for over 80 top business and country leaders was led by His Excellency Mulatu Teshome, President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. As one of the six Power Africa Initiative counters that have set ambitious goals in electric power generation, Ethiopia will soon b3come a major exporter of power to neighboring countries. The summit showcased vast business and investment opportunities available in Ethiopia to U.S. companies, and highlighted the country;s enormous renewable energy resources.
In attendance with His Excellency Teshome was:
- State Senator Rodney Ellis
- Honorary Consul General Gezahgen Kebede
- Mister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Democtratic Republic of Ehtiopia, His Excellency Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- Minister of Water, Irrigation, and Energy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ehtiopia, His Excellency Alemayehu Tegenu
- Special Envoy, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotenetiary of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, His Excellency Girma Birru Geda.
- 150 plus U.S. and Ethiopian business leaders