Greater Houston Partnership held the U.S.-Ethiopia Investment Summit Dinner Reception on Wednesday evening. The Ethiopian delegation for over 80 top business and country leaders was led by His Excellency Mulatu Teshome, President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
As Mayor Annise Parker addressed the elite group of attendees, she offered a Texas cowboy hat as a gift to His Excellency Teshome in welcoming his honor. In return she received a gentleman’s hand kissing and a great thank your from His Excellency prior to him walking off the stage wearing his new cowboy hat with a confident smile.
As one of the six Power Africa Initiative counters that have set ambitious goals in electric power generation, Ethiopia will soon become a major exporter of power to neighboring countries. The summit showcased vast business and investment opportunities available in Ethiopia to U.S. companies, and highlighted the country;s enormous renewable energy resources.
In special attendance was:
- President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, His Excellency Mulatu Teshome
- State Senator Rodney Ellis
- Honorary Consul General Gezahgen Kebede
- Mayor of Houston, Texas, Annise Parker
- Mister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Democ
- Minister of Water, Irrigation, and Energy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ehtiopia, His Excellency Alemayehu Tegenu
- Special Envoy, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotenetiary of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, His Excellency Girma Birru Geda.