You can receive free legal advice and assistance !
If all of the following requirements are met:
1) You have a criminal case in a Harris County, Misdemeanor Court, and
2) You do not now have and have not ever had an attorney on your misdemeanor case(s), and
3) You are indigent or needy, and
4) Your next court appearance date is more than five days away from the day you contact me by e-mail or fax, and
5) You provide all of the information requested below, and
6) You receive a written notice from me, saying “I work for you.”
Fax to (281)754-4037, with all of the following information for each case:
1) Your name, address, day and evening telephone contact numbers
2) An e-mail address or fax number at which a response can be sent to you
3) The exact date, day, time and court for your next court appearance /setting
4) The exact case number and crime charged for each of your case(s)
No calls please. This offer is only extended to those who respond by fax, as instructed above. This offer is limited to the first one hundred respondents. This offer is valid through April 30, 2009.
This offer of volunteer service is not made with the improper motive of self-advertisement. (Texas Ethics Opinion 225, 1959) 44. “The defense of indigent citizens, without compensation, is carried on throughout the country by lawyers representing legal aid societies, not only with the approval, but with the commendation of those acquainted with the work. Not infrequently services are rendered out of sympathy or for other philanthropic reasons, by individual lawyers who do not represent legal aid societies. There is nothing whatever in the Canons to prevent a lawyer from performing such an act, nor should there be.” ABA Opinion 148 (1935). Attorney Ursula A. Hall Post Office Box 233 Houston 77001 (713)440-6900. No calls please.